Friday, May 18, 2012

Order Modification!

We got great news this week- Matt's deployment will end shortly after Christmas instead of in March or April! Our little ladybug timekeeper took a little jump.

The Panda has returned to Night Terror City for a second visit.  I can't figure out what is causing it this time.  Last time, it was surgery, but we have not really had any changes lately...  Poor darling.

We took an ill-fated "homeschool field trip" to the National Zoo yesterday.  There was a fancy event that began about an hour after we got there, so we could only tour the top 1/5 of the zoo.  The Panda got up close to real pandas, and many of our favorite animals are up on the Asia Trail, so it wasn't a complete loss.  Could have been better, though.  I think we'll have to go back soon.  :)  There is a new feature in the orangutan exhibit that I'm dying to try out, but we couldn't get down that far.  The orangutans can push a button to spray water on people who venture into the "splash zone"....  I really want to get sprayed by an ape.  How cool is that?

My tiny little veggie sproutlings of 3 weeks ago are getting big!  Looks like the garden is going to be good this year!  The groundhog will be healthy and happy, I'm sure.

My dear Auntie, who took good care of me when I was little, taught be to read and, well, everything...  is struggling.  Wednesday was the first time she didn't know who my dad was when he visited.  I don't think she knew me the last two trips I made home to WV.  She was really confused by the Panda, but she loves kids, so at least there's that.

Apparently I've got a sick Penguin, too.  Just a nasty cold, I hope.  She needs snuggling and is cold...  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment